Raising a garden, preparing food with the plants that we grow and creating hands-on learning opportunities with gardens and the food that we grow are labor-intensive activities. Thus, we are grateful for, and really depend on, all the participation in and contribution to our efforts that we can muster.
Monetary contributions may be made by clicking here.
Here are some of the many other ways you can get involved with and support the Vegetable Project.
- Join us when we work with kids, especially during our afterschool Garden Club at Myers Middle School. It’s on Tuesday afternoons from 3 to 4 p.m. during the school year. But we are also making plans for other times of the day and week. Drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 518-728-6799 to learn more about this and other possibilities.
- Help take care of our gardens on your own schedule — watering; watering and weeding; or watering, weeding and additional tending to plants’ needs.
- Pitch in with organizational business. As an example, our marketing and communications group can always use new ideas and can put volunteer hands to great use. We would love help with fundraising, planning out a summer program, building an outdoor classroom and more.
- Keep an eye out for our flower bulb sale fundraiser in the fall and our seed sale fundraiser in the winter. And please save Box Tops for Education, found on scores of national brand packaged products, all year long. Please drop them off at Myers Middle School or Albany High School or get in touch to arrange a pick.
- For a gift of $250, create a lasting tribute in a space that will be used by Myers students for years to come by placing a personalized inscription on a plaque on an outdoor classroom bench.
- Wear a stylish Myers Garden Club T-shirt around town.
- Lend a hand with photography and social media. While we would love to capture many moments with students and know that pictures of kids help us tell our story better than anything else, we typically have more going on Tuesdays from 3 to 4 p.m. at Myers Middle School in Albany than at any other time. Please reach to learn more about making a great contribution to a nonprofit group that focuses on kids with great needs at the same time as building your own portfolio and track record of accomplishment. Drop a line to email@example.com or text 518-728-6799.
- Please subscribe to our blog to keep up with everything new.