Raising a garden, preparing food with the plants that we grow and creating hands-on learning opportunities with gardens and the food that we grow are labor-intensive activities. Thus, we are grateful for, and really depend on, all the participation in and contribution to our efforts that we can muster.
Monetary contributions may be made by clicking here.
Here are some of the many other ways you can get involved with and support the Vegetable Project. And please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 518-728-6799 if you would like to learn more.
- Help take care of our gardens on your own schedule — watering; watering and weeding; or watering, weeding and additional tending to plants’ needs.
- Pitch in with organizational business. As an example, our marketing and communications group can always use new ideas and can put volunteer hands to great use. We would love help with fundraising, planning out a summer program, building an outdoor classroom and more.
- Keep an eye out for our flower bulb sale fundraiser in the fall and our seed sale fundraiser in the winter. And please save Box Tops for Education, found on scores of national brand packaged products, all year long. Please drop them off at Myers Middle School or Albany High School or get in touch to arrange a pick.
- For a gift of $250, create a lasting tribute in a space that will be used by Myers students for years to come by placing a personalized inscription on a plaque on an outdoor classroom bench.
- Wear a stylish Myers Garden Club T-shirt around town.
- Lend a hand with photography and social media. While we would love to capture many moments with students and know that pictures of kids help us tell our story better than anything else, that is on hold right now. Still, there are many other photographic opportunities.
- Join us when we work with kids, especially during our afterschool Garden Club at Myers Middle School, when we are able to do that again.
- Please subscribe to our blog to keep up with everything new.